Natera is a global leader in cell-free DNA testing. The mission of the company is to change the management of disease worldwide with a focus on reproductive health, oncology, and organ transplantation. Natera operates an ISO 13485-certified and CAP-accredited laboratory certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in San Carlos, Calif. It offers proprietary genetic testing services to inform physicians who care for pregnant women, oncologists, and cancer researchers, including biopharmaceutical companies, and genetic laboratories through its cloud-based software platform.
For more information, please visit www.natera.com.
Natera Social Media Guidelines
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. We have only one mission in mind: helping families conceive and deliver. We strive to create a community that is focused on healthy babies and healthy pregnancies.
We welcome and encourage you to join our community on our social media sites and look forward to reading your comments and encouraging you to share your experiences. We do make reasonable efforts to monitor all of our social media channels to ensure that posted comments are appropriate.
While Natera’s genetic tests have not been cleared or approved by the FDA, we want to remind you that we are legally regulated. We’re required to abide by some pretty strict rules on replying to your specific testing questions and other types of dialogue that may occur in this forum. If you don’t hear back specifically from us, or we remove posts because they’re inaccurate or don’t meet certain requirements, we hope you understand that these are the rules we’re required to play by and do not take it personally.
To set the stage, here are our rules of engagement in social media:
• Inaccurate Statements. Statements about Natera and its tests must reflect honest and truthful opinions and accurate information about the company and our products If a comment reflects our products inaccurately or is inconsistent with the intended results, we’re required to correct or remove it.
• Medical Advice. Please avoid discussions about medical advice; unsolicited and unverified medical advice may have serious implications, so we can’t allow it. We won’t discuss topics regarding medical conditions, nor do we give any medical advice or allow unverified advice to be published. You should always consult with your healthcare provider about any medical condition.
• Patient Questions/Concerns. If you’re a patient, we cannot address or comment on your specific test-related questions or issues in this forum. Always contact your prescribing physician first. You can also contact us directly by phone at 855-866-NIPT (6478) or via email at email@example.com
• Inappropriate Comments. We respect and encourage honest discussion of opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences. However, within our social media channels, we reserve the right to remove, at our sole discretion, comments that are considered inappropriate, off-topic, vulgar, or abusive, as well as comments directed at promoting third-party sites, initiatives, or products.
• Monitoring. While Natera makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate posted content, it does not moderate all comments, and platforms are NOT monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As new situations arise, we reserve the right to change or add to these guidelines at any time and will make the update public on our Timeline accordingly . If you feel like we’ve been unfair in removing your comment, please direct message us on our page and we will get back to you.
Thank you and we look forward to connecting with you!
These tests were developed by Natera, Inc. a laboratory certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). These tests have not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Although the FDA does not currently clear or approve laboratory-developed tests in the U.S., certification of the laboratory is required under CLIA to ensure the quality and validity of the tests.
© 2021 Natera, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Natera Product User Generated Content (UGC) Policy:
By posting content on any social media platform owned by Natera, you give Natera a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide license to use your content; including the right to copy, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat and incorporate into a collective work. Other participants on social media channels may use your posted content beyond the control of Natera. Natera does not have the ability to monitor, intercept, or otherwise remove your content from any web presence owned by another entity.
With a patient’s permission, we may USE OR REPUBLISH YOUR POSTED TEXT, PHOTO, VIDEO, OR OTHER MATERIALS (collectively "CONTENT") as outlined below. Examples of where this content may be used are: natera.com, or any of the official Natera social media platforms, which may include but are not limited to: Facebook (http://facebook.com/natera), Twitter (http://twitter.com/NateraGenetics) or LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/1051903).
The information contained on our social media platforms is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. You should consult a physician regarding medical diagnosis or treatment.
Natera social media content may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not expressly authorized by Natera. Except as expressly provided herein, Natera does not grant you any express or implied rights under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secret, or other intellectual or industrial property rights.
All participants (experts, endorsers, patients, doctors, etc.) contracted, seeded, incentivized or in any way compensated by Natera must disclose their affiliations with us and all interactions will be monitored for compliance with our guidelines.
Opinions and views expressed by individuals as postings on Natera social media platforms are not necessarily those of Natera, Inc., its officers, employees, or staff.
Content posted by third parties on this site remains the responsibility of the party posting the content and is not adopted or endorsed by Natera. All opinions or statements posted by third parties are their own and may not be representative of the experience of others or indicative of future performance or success. Natera does not endorse or adopt any content on a third-party site that may be linked to from this page. You should also be aware that if you have a business relationship with Natera or a beneficial interest in making a comment on the site, you have an obligation to disclose that relationship in your post.
Natera sponsors [this page but is not affiliated with Facebook] and has no control over how Facebook or other third parties will use the information you share on the site. You should be familiar with Facebook's privacy and security policies, and understand how your information can be displayed and used throughout the site.