Medela Social Media Policy
Medela’s social platforms exist to provide breastfeeding moms and their loved ones a safe place to connect, support and learn from each other. To maintain this environment and a respectful dialogue, we’ve posted the following guidelines:
• Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to Medela and our social communities.
• Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
• Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
• No medical advice. Comments that seek specific diagnosis or request medical advice will not be allowed. If you need breastfeeding advice, we invite you to consult one-on-one via email with our board-certified lactation consultant, who will assist you with your breastfeeding questions and concerns: http://bit.ly/AsktheLC
• No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited. This includes posts aggressively promoting services or products.
• No commercial endorsements. Comments that promote a particular non-Medela service or product, and solicitation of any proposal or business may not be posted. Exceptions may be made for altruistic fundraisers on a case-by-case basis, as determined by the Medela team.
• Withhold unsubstantiated political views. Partisan political views that are either unfair or unsubstantiated will be removed.
Please note: Medela adheres to Facebook’s guidelines: http://www.facebook.com/terms.php. Medela has a zero tolerance policy for postings on any social platform that are abusive, defamatory, obscene or racially derogatory. These posts will be removed immediately and users blocked. We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to be posted.
Medela reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.